Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sketching kills time

Recently (around Term 1 Week 6) I embarked on a quest to do sketches of my batchmates! I've 16 of them altogether, including me. I stopped at 6 as block test 1 was upcoming at that time, but will be continuing soon! I have been doing the portraits according to photos from facebook, and each portrait is around 7cm x 5cm, all done in pencil.


Click to enlarge!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top row from left: Goh Xinyi, Joanne Ng, Joy Wong
Bottom row from left: Hao Qing, Rachel Gan, Ellen Zeng

It was really fun to do this in my free time, and it was really funny when I shared the final products with my friends. This is really one way art binds friendship :-) This "work" is meaningful to me as the subjects are of people who are very very close to my heart. I had difficulties with drawing realistic human faces in the past, but now I realise that it can be quite simple (although some look really disastrous). But whatever the case, it was a learning process that I really enjoyed!!! Looking forward to do up the other 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment