Friday, September 9, 2011

Mandala Zentagle


The Mandala Zentagle style :) 

 I found this user awhile back and was really inspired by his videos. I used to think that people who could come up with those intricate designs really had an amazing brain!!!!!! But after watching these vids, I realised that I could probably do it too, with some creativity and open-mindedness. After much practice (actually I wouldn't call it practice, but just some mindless doodling and experimentation), it eventually became a norm for me to do things from the MZ style, like line repetition and shape repetition, with a basic black pen or marker.

Here are some of the things I eventually incorporated this 'style' into:

This was back in March when my CCA NYMD received Gold with Honours for our SYF piece!
Used a uniball signo gold pen on a plain black A5 page for this 
It really is quite easy to do but when the simplicity came together, it became something really intricate.


Another similar piece that I did with the same medium. 
This time the MZ style was incorporated more subtly as you can see, like the crescent shape in the middle and the face at the left side that seems to be shouting "2009". Things like this have become a common sight in my recent doodles and even in my event book and teachers' day/bday cards for friends :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment