Friday, September 23, 2011

Colormekatie


Introducing.............. COLORMEKATIE!!!!!

I learnt about colormekatie back in 2009 and used to be an avid follower of her colourful, inspiring blog. She's a "freelance photographer, actress, street artist and fun maker" and her posts never fail to light me up. Do check out her blog! Anyway, I started to visit her blog less and less frequently, but a few days ago I chanced upon this post http://colormekatie.blogspot.com/2011/04/rainy-week.html

This is street art at its finest, where not much manipulation had to be done, yet such a clever piece of art is conjured!!! What katie sokoler did was just take a few rubber duckies and bring them into a different context, and with that little bit of creativity, she brought about a whole new level of significance for the otherwise insignificant puddle of rain water. Other than for the sake of fun, I think katie wanted to use this as a reminder to "viewers' to appreciate the little things in everyday life (eg,the little puddles of rain with their subtle but beautiful reflections of the sky!)

I shall try street art one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment