Sunday, September 25, 2011

Look around you

Got bored of doing math practices which explains the sudden spam of posts. I was thinking of what to blog about other than the 2 posts that I just did up (scroll down). So I took out the cam and started snapping things around my house that I don't usually notice. And I realised that there was actually so much to take notice of. I was quite fascinated by the "treasures" I found around my house!!! the nooks and crannies that seem so insignificant actually look really pretty when you look closely :-)

 1. I found a spider web near the window at the main door!!!! of course my first reaction was GROSSSS. but then I took a closer look, and I realised how beautiful the pattern of the web was! the web was so fine, so fragile, so delicate, and I really think the spider who spun it is a true artist. No human will ever be able to create something even close to that. Of course, I didn't destroy that fine piece of art. Maybe I'll see the artist crawling somewhere around my house later............



 
 2. TWO HUGE CRACKS IN THE WALL. My house has plenty of this kind of wall. I don't know what it's called but it's the kind that's hollow and easily taken down. I bet the culprit who created the holes was my dad cos this was found around his living room "territory"!!! he probably used too much force to open up the reclining chair hahaha. Anyway, I found a subtle beauty in the cracks, especially the one in the first photo. they're something really raw and unexpected, and I would think that road cracks from earthquakes appear that way too. Almost like a piece of art, almost. Cracks have a negative connotation most of the time, but in the case of those on my walls, I would like to think of them as an artistic deco!!! and also, a reminder to my dad to please stop destroying our house :-)

  3. Wear and tear on the leather study chairs. I like how the outside is black while the inside is white, striking a nice b&w balance along with the texture of the chair. Sadly it wasn't meant to be this way when it was first bought, so this is a sign that we need to buy a new one. By the way that's my dad's chair

4. Toilet wall!!!!!!!! I took this photo sitting where I sit everyday when I'm doing my... business. Since young, I've moved house more than 4 times, but every house I live in, I would take notice of the tile patterns and make up shapes (like how people make up shapes in the clouds)! Try to spot the side-profile of my toilet friend (left side)! There's a dot protruding out if you can see? that's the nostril. The rest, try to make it out for yourself^^

So why not take a study break and walk around your house and spot these's little things too! you might find cracks to blame on your dad, or textures you never really noticed before, or more!!! it's quite funnn and de-stressing :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chermon! :)

    I think this is a very cool and interesting idea that you went around the house to take photos of the things we normally miss! :D Your photos are very nice! :)
    I especially like the photo of the spiderweb, not just how its very visually appealing, but also because of how you explained it: how the spider is in fact an artist, even though most people will see it as something which dirties their house. I think we should all learn to appreciate nature more! :D But actually im not sure if its true that humans cant create something that can be considered as beautiful as what nature does, like for example the Eiffel tower, or even a whole city (since its a human creation)? :)

    ReplyDelete