Sunday, September 25, 2011

Doodle doodle


I love doing doodles with my trusty black-ink china pen. The tip is quite fine and the ink never seems to run out!!!! I think there's something very special about pen work, even with just squiggly imperfect outlines and lack of shading/ lack of 3D effect. I know chiawei likes to do this kind of thing too, just that her level of competency for penwork is like WOAHHHHH while mine is very b a s i c. But anyway, here are just some of the doodles I thought of sharing :) I usually doodle in my doodle-book before I start mugging, or when I get so sick of mugging and just need to release and doodle!!!



 Nutella!!!! this was done around block test 2 period when I was sick of bio revision

 Quadratini!!!! this was done around the same time as the nutella one. I had alot of fun drawing the waffles and trying to imitate the Loacker logo. Not enough details, that's for sure. But it's a doodle right???? yes

 Some of my wacky stationery - a pencil from china, post-its from china, plastic mini bookmark from china
WHOOHOOO CHINA!!!!!

 A pouch I got from taiwan with a print of a camera! 
used the cross-hatch method for the black parts to save my pen ink!

 This is a keychain that my batchmate karyan got for the whole batch when she went overseas!! I love it alot although both the ears have fallen out :( anyway, if you can see, the doodle book is really really thick. My friend got it for my birthday this year cos she knows I love doodling. It's been about.... 3 months? and it seems never-ending!!!! It's just pages and pages of sparkly clean blank paper and I find so much joy in filling up the pages. As you might have noticed too, I usually fill up not more than 1/2 the page. it's my preferred composition for this kind of thing, cos it makes it less cluttered and more viewer-friendly!!!!

***

The next few pics are from my planner. I used to do ALOT of random doodling in my planner, mostly in pen or colour pencil. I would doodle when the I was too bored or when I felt like it. Sometimes I would just do block text to mark down a special event such as syf or a school holiday. Sadly as the year passed, the pages got dull and duller :( I don't even bring the planner to schooll anymore cos there just isn't time to doodle when the day is filled with doing practices, revision papers, marking, taking notes. Sad life 
But I still doodle at home!!!

 Dont' ask me why there's milk there haha

Somewhat like the mendala zentangle  thing I introduced before on my blog!
This was done with colour pencil  

 To commemorate graces!!!!!!!!! drawing hair is really really fun. really really 

To celebrated being liberation after block test 1 hahahha :) I don't really know what animal that is

Can't wait to be liberated from eoys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yo cher!
    i really really really like your doodles, they look like those in those mini notebooks where they sell at expensive prices in small little stalls (if you get what i mean)
    i like how the lines are firm, not the sketchy kind. they seem to be drawn effortlessly, i like the first picture where you sort of(im not sure) created a character. you should dedicate a whole sketch book to that character, so everyday you could draw a significant or insignificant scenario which happened to you and treat your character as you. okay i'm v bad at explaining. sorry haha

    i think your pen drawings and chia's cant be compared. both of you have very different kind of style. her's is more of realistic while yours is like cartoon drawings. chia's pen work is crazily good and so is yours!
    keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete