Monday, September 26, 2011

Yummy


Red platter (2009)
polymer clay

Miniature food art!!!!! 
I did this really long ago, if I'm not wrong it was in sec 2. I had stumbled upon this blogshop of a girl in malaysia who sold handmade jewelry that was made with polymer clay! After stalking her blogshop for a really long time, my fingers were really itchy to just create some of my own, so after bugging my mum for a veryyyy long time, I FINALLY GOT MY OWN SET OF POLYMER CLAY (from spotlight). The initial excitement set in and my first mini masterpiece was created!!!

The red platter serves a strawberry cupcake with a cherry on top, chocolate chip cookie which is obviously too humongous (or maybe it's the subway cookie kind hahahah), a pretzel, and a donut with white cream and... yellow puffs of... lime... cream on top? Yes hahahahah that's what my sec 2 brain came up with. It was quite a long time a ago and what I can rmbr is that it was a rather tedious process to have to roll the 'choc bits' into such tiny balls and stick them on. but honestly, fun is the word to describe this.

I'm actually quite sad that I didn't think of doing something like this for coursework, although that would've been something like xueying's coursework. WHICH REMINDS ME, I thought of doing this post cos I saw xueying's post the other day! I srsly don't know how kim burke or any other polymer clay artist makes their product look so real. JUST LOOK AT THIS:

image from google

I tried to reason out and research on why mine just looked like a kiddy plate of coloured clay instead of realistic mini food, and realised what impt factor was that I didn't have the necessary tools and COLOURS. Yes the pack of polymer clay that I bought had only 4 colours, red yellow orange white beige brown! And of course, I need more practice and time to experiment how to create textures :)
Anyway, the pack has been resting in my shelf for quite some time. I'm definitely gonna spend some time after eoys to create a whole 8-course meal okk!!!!! *excited*

No comments:

Post a Comment