Saturday, October 1, 2011

Marc Johns


HI!!! Eoys are coming soon and the work above pretty much describes me these few days..... -_-

Anyway, this is the first post I'm doing up since the deadline of this e-portfolio (for grading). I'm definitely not gonna stop drawing/ painting etc after aep draws to a close!!!!!! 
never ever ever ever ever

So here I am! Introducing....... MARC JOHNS (click the link at the caption!)
I first found this artist on tumblr, where his signature post-it drawings were being reblogged by so many people. so I got bored today (while studying for sova hahahhah) and decided to search him up.

Here's what he has to say about his post-it drawings, which I find quite cool:
"
I like the format; it forces the drawing to be simple, and the concept to be focussed. It's not so much about the craft of drawing, but more about the idea, boiled down to just the essentials.

And by "essentials", he really means it!!!! view here:

I like his quirky style alot and although many might not regard his post-it notes as real works with much substance, I really enjoy the simplicity of them!!!! I like how he's so unconventional and creative and most importantly, unafraid of what he tries to bring across (even if it seems totally brainless and to put it bluntly, retarded) Actually, most of his post-it drawings appear to be really random and pointless....... like this (which btw is considered rather complicated for his post-it series):

Honestly?????????

But I like marc johns :) yayyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment