Monday, September 26, 2011

Toothpicks

Rolling through the Bay (2011)
Scott Weaver


I am speechless.
"I always had a dream that I would build the world's largest toothpick sculpture. It's not, but none of them have a ping pong ball that rolls through it. It's San Francisco as I see it." -Weaver
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380560/Scott-Weavers-100k-toothpick-model-San-Francisco.html#ixzz1Z3vr1r00


This is the most exquisite piece of art I have EVER seen. I really want to see it real-life omgggg I am a nut for things like this that have soooooooo much incredible detail. I love details!!!! tiny things!!!!! I can't even start to pinpoint anything wrong or flawed about this piece of indescribable art. Although it might look like a huge pile of wood from far, this is the kind of work that makes you go from ._. to O_O in a split second. It would be an honour to meet this artist in person!!!! This actually kinda reminds me of Andy Goldsworthy's attempt to try creating the suspended spider web out of twigs thing. 

Yes this:

VS


Okay actually it's not that similar after all........

***

100,000 toothpicks over a span of 35 years..... 
.......makes me embarrassed for feeling like giving up in the middle of coursework a month ago hah

No comments:

Post a Comment